Looking for a delicious dip or a maybe a alternative spread you can use instead of butter.
Check out this easy to make and delicious Fresh Basil Recipe.
Metabolic Window: Anytime
Prep Time: 10 Mins
1. 2-cups fresh basil leaves, packed
2. 1/3-cup toasted pine nuts or any nut you desire. (throwing the pine nuts over some heat until golden brown first will add an intense flavour)
3. 1-2 medium sized garlic cloves
4. ½-cup extra virgin olive oil
5. ½-cup nutlex butter
6. Salt, freshly ground black pepper and lemon juice to taste
– Combine 1. and 2., pulse a few times in a food processor
– Add 3. and pulse a few times more
– Slowly add 4. in a constant stream while the food processor is on
– Add 5. and pulse again until blended
– Add 6. to taste
Serve as a dip, mix through a tomato inspired salad or add as a dressing to your grilled chicken.
– This recipe is vegan
– If you want this recipe to be chunky, then pulse less
– I change quantities of the ingredients all the time, so if the above does not tickle your taste buds, change the ratios to suit
– This is the ‘foundation’ recipe. Feel free to add sundried tomatoes or any other ingredients to the above to really spice it up
Written by Syndi Carrick-Ryan