Looking for a delicious snack or a maybe just a dressing through a dark green salad.
Check out this easy to make and delicious Hummus recipe.
Metabolic Window: Anytime
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Yield: 3 Cups
1. 600g canned Chickpeas, drained, rinsed
2. 1-3 Garlic Cloves, crushed (depending on you)
3. 100ml olive oil
4. 2 Tbs Tahini Paste
5. 1 tsp ground Cumin
6. Juice of 1 Lemon
7. Salt to taste
– Place the 1. – 6. in a food processor or blender and process until combined.
– If desired, add 1/4 cup (60ml) of water and process again until quite smooth.
– Add 7. to taste
Use as a:
– Top with paprika and roasted pine nuts as a yummy garnish
– Dressing through a dark green salad
– Chicken topping
– Add to a hearty soup
– Add eggplant, pumpkin or beetroot etc to create an alternative dip
– This recipe is vegan
– If you want this recipe to be chunky, then pulse less
– I change quantities of the ingredients all the time, so if the above does not tickle your taste buds, change the ratios to suit
Written by Syndi Carrick-Ryan