A great source of protein, omega 3, fibre and rich in vitamins and minerals. The Tuna, Chickpea and Pumpkin salad is easy, fast and convenient to make for those of us that are time poor or just always on the go.
– 180g Jap Pumpkin
– ¼ roasted red onion
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 400g chickpeas, drained & well rinsed
– ¼ cup frozen peas, defrosted in a bowl of boiling water
– 50g spinach
– 20g walnuts, chopped
– 1 can of Tuna
– 2 tsp Olive Oil
– 1 tbs Lemon juice Zest of a lemon
– 2 tsp water
– 1 clove of roasted garlic
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Wash pumpkin & roughly cut into 3cm cubes (leave skin on) and place on baking paper lined oven tray.
- Cut onion in half and then in thin wedges and add to tray with 2 cloves garlic.
- Spray with oil and sprinkle with cumin, salt & pepper.
- Roast for 40 minutes or until soft & beginning to brown.
- Combine dressing ingredients
- To make salad combine chickpeas, peas, spinach, roast pumpkin & onion with dressing. Sprinkle over walnuts.
- Add Tuna over the top of the salad to make it a complete meal