With winter now upon us, it’s time for some warm food options for those cold winter days.
Check out this easy to make Vegetarian Stuffed Capsicum Recipe.
Metabolic Window: Anytime
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Yield: 8 Halves
1. 4 Capsicum, halved lengthwise and cleaned out
2. 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for pan
3. 1 small onion, diced
4. 2 cloves garlic, minced
5. 2 tablespoons chili powder
6. 2 teaspoons cumin
7. 2 teaspoons paprika
8. 425g can black beans, drained and rinsed
9. 3 cups baby spinach, chopped
10. 3 cups cooked quinoa
11. 425g can diced tomatoes
12. 1/4 cup fresh Coriander, chopped
13. Salt and fresh ground pepper
– Preheat oven to 190 C. Brush a thin layer of olive oil across the bottom of a large baking dish.
– Cook 10.
– In a large sauté pan heat oil over medium heat. Add 3. and cook until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
– Stir in 4 – 7. And season with 13. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
– Add 8 – 11. and mix together to fully combine. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in fresh 12.
– Use a spoon to fill peppers with quinoa stuffing.
– Arrange peppers in a large baking dish and cover with tinfoil. Bake for 25 minutes.
– Remove peppers from the oven. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve immediately
– Use any combination spice seasoning such as taco seasoning to replace 5. – 7.
– Add any vegetable
– Add any lentil, legume, seed or nut
– Add any herb
– Make it sweet, sour, spicy, zesty, etc
Written by Syndi Carrick-Ryan